WHEN: Monday, September 9, 2019
WHERE: ASME 2019 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems; Louisville, KY
HOW: Send a PDF copy of your submitted SMASIS paper to: Prof. Giovanni Berselli, University of Genova at email@example.com. Please make sure you receive a confirmation email acknowledging the receipt of your submission.
DEADLINE: July 13, 2019
The ASME Aerospace Division, Adaptive Structures and Material Systems Branch is organizing the Best Student Paper Competition as part of the ASME 2019 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS). Entrants will be judged by a committee of smart materials and structures experts. Finalists are required to present their papers at The Student Best Paper Sessions at the conference. The top student paper will be selected from these special oral presentation sessions. All finalists will be honored during the Pioneer Banquet. It is expected that several monetary awards will be presented to the top selected finalists based upon their paper submission.
- A full-length paper must be officially submitted via the web according to conference guidelines and accepted.
- While other authors may be listed on the paper, the student must have contributed the majority of the effort presented and in the writing of the paper.
- E-mail your paper as a PDF file to the contest chair, ClemsonProf. Giovanni Berselli, University of Genova at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline (07/13/2019), with "2019 SMASIS Student Paper Competition" in the subject line. Please also attach the notification of paper acceptance as well as list the paper tracking number in the email. Each student can only enter one paper in this competition.
- The student author must commit to attending the conference and presenting his or her paper at the special session in addition to their regular assigned conference session.
For abstract and paper submission, all general deadlines posted in the ASME-SMASIS 2019 publication schedule apply.
Additional important dates related to the Best Student Paper Competition are:
|July 13, 2019
||Submission of a PDF file to contest chair via e-mail
|August 24, 2019
||Notification of selected finalists
|September 9, 2019
||Presentations made by finalists in SMASIS conference special session
|September 10, 2019
||Symposium Award Winners and Conference Award Winner announced at the Pioneer Banquet
The submitted papers and finalist paper presentations will each need to explicitly demonstrate a connection to smart materials, adaptive structures, and integrated systems, and advance the state-of-the-art. Finalists will be judged solely on the paper, and will include criteria such as:
- Relevance to smart materials, adaptive structures and integrated systems
- Significance and impact of work
- Creativity and innovation
- Completeness and quality of work presented
- Clarity of the writing and presentation
The overall conference best paper will also be judged on the quality and effectiveness of the oral presentation during the special session.
Any additional questions about the SMASIS Best Student Paper Competition can be addressed to:
Giovanni Berselli (chair)
Università di Genova, Italy
Amin Bibo (co-chair)
Clemson University, USA