Wednesday, October 11, 2023
8:00am – 12:00 noon
Tours are open to all registrants. Advanced sign-up required.
Located halfway between Erie and Pittsburgh, Grove City is home to both of Wabtec’s diesel engine manufacturing plants and approximately 1000 employees. The variety of engines spans from non-emissions mechanical-fuel-injection FDL (228) to the latest T4 GEVO (250), and from an inline-6 to a V-16. Markets include locomotive, marine, and stationary power.
The highlights of each facility are listed below. Attendees may choose ONE facility to tour.
Grove City Main – GRV
The 440,000 sq. ft. GRV plant produces up to 1,500 new engines each year, with both component machining and final assembly all on site. The facility also houses six test cells for final testing, along with the latest emissions testing capability. This tour will cover component machining, engine assembly, and engine test.
Grove City Remanufacturing – GRR
The 240,000 sq. ft. GRR plant overhauls locomotive engines and is also the site of individual component return & repair operations. The facility is responsible for producing over 1,200 remanufactured engines each year. This tour will cover the entire engine and component remanufacturing process, from incoming inspections to rebuild and full assembly.
- Age: Under 16 not allowed
- No canes or crutches allowed. Wheelchairs can be accommodated
- Attire: full-length pants, and non-slip closed-toed shoes required
- PPE: Safety glasses, ear plugs, and vests will be provided
- No cameras or taking of pictures inside the facilities
- Must stay within the walkway and with tour guides