ICONE28 hosts a Student Paper Competition (Track 14) through which over 100 awards and support are provided.
Qualified Students Award
The Selected 60 students each will receive the following as Complimentary:
- Conference Registration
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of conference
- Conference banquet dinner
- Technical tour
In addition students are automatically entered in three competition categories:
- Akiyama Medal- A prestigious Award for one student from the North American region
- Best paper- Each region ( North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe) will receive 5 best paper awards ( Total 20 awards)
- Best poster- Each region ( North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe) will receive 5 best poster awards ( Total 20 awards)
For more information on the Student Paper Competition or other activities, please contact:
Shripad Revankar: email@example.com
Jovica Riznic: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit ICONE 28
Students-presenters from Track 14 “Student Paper Competition” with accepted final papers and submitted copyright forms are eligible for the Awards and Support
Student Support and Awards
ASME, JSME, CNS and European Student-Track Leaders will select 15 "qualified students" from each of the following geographic regions: North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe (in total – 60 students).
The student competition committee will be chaired by Chair of Track 14 with appointed judges - Student-Track Leaders. There will be three competition categories: 1) Akiyama Medal; 2) Best paper; 3) Best poster.
Paper Acceptance Number and Awarding Number
Each region can accept 15 papers with supports and up to 5 papers without support. Each region will select 5 best papers from the 15 papers with supports. Each region will select 5 best posters from all accepted papers in the region. Only one paper will be selected for Akiyama Medal.
All students who have been accepted as the “qualified students” in Track 14 and have been notified accordingly must register for the conference. If you do not register by the required date, your paper will be pulled from the conference proceedings.
If you plan to attend any non-specified workshops, non-student tours etc... you must pay for those activities. Your registration is complimentary, but you will be charged for the above mentioned activities accordingly.
The funding for “qualified students” will cover hotel sleeping rooms up to 6 nights per person (hotel/sleeping rooms are based on double occupancy (two or more students to share a room). Sleeping rooms' arrangement will be made based on the input from the Student Track Leaders. The detail will be announced later.
All accepted students must prepare a poster for display and presentation during the student poster session. The details of poster requirements will be provided later.
- "Qualified students" from North America and Europe should be members of the ASME; "qualified students" from Japan should be members of JSME; "qualified students" from China should be members of CNS. If already not a member of ASME/JSME/CNS, then should obtain student membership before the conference.
- "Qualified students" must provide proof of a student status.
- In "qualified students'" papers, students must be first authors.
- Only one student per paper will be considered for support.
- Usually, number of student co-authors should not be less than the number of professor co-authors.
- The first author of the paper must present the paper orally with support of Power Point slides and make posters, which will be presented by them during the poster session.