ICONE28 hosts a Student Paper Competition (Track 14) through which awards and support are provided.
Qualified Students Award
The Selected students each will receive following as Complimentary Conference Registration, Workshops, seminar and exhibitions and technical virtual tours.
In addition Students are automatically entered in three competition categories:
- Akiyama Medal: A prestigious Award for one student from region of North American
- Best paper: Each region (North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe) will receive up to 5 best paper wards (Total 20 awards)
- Best Video presentation: Each region (North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe) will receive up to 5 best video presentation awards (Total 20 awards)
For more information on the Student Paper Competition or other activities, please contact:
Shripad Revankar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jovica Riznic: email@example.com
Students-presenters from Track 14 "Student Paper Competition" with accepted final papers and submitted copyright forms are eligible for the Awards and Support
Student Support and Awards
ASME, JSME, CNS and European Student-Track Leaders will select 15 "qualified students" from each of the following geographic regions: North America, Japan/Asia, China, and Europe (in total – 60 students).
The student competition committee will be chaired by Chair of Track 14 with appointed judges–Student–Track Leaders. There will be three competition categories: 1) Akiyama Medal; 2) Best paper; 3) Best Video presentations.
All students who have been accepted as the "qualified students" in Track 14 and have been notified accordingly must register for the conference. If you do not register by this date, your paper will be pulled from the conference proceedings.
If you plan to attend any non-specified workshops, non-student tours etc...you must pay for those activities. Your registration is complimentary, but you will be charged for the above mentioned activities accordingly.
All accepted students must prepare for video presentation. The detail for video presentation will be provided later.
1. "Qualified students" from North America and Europe should be members of the ASME; "qualified students" from Japan should be members of JSME; "qualified students" from China should be members of CNS. If already not a member of ASME/JSME/CNS, then should obtain student membership before the conference.
2. "Qualified students" must provide proof of a student status.
3. In "qualified students'" papers, students must be first authors.
4. Only one student per paper will be considered for support.
5. Usually, number of student co-authors should not be less than a number of professor co-authors.
6. The first author of the paper must present the paper orally with support of Power Point slides and make video presentation, which will be presented by them during the presentation session.
Details on how to participate in the Virtual Event
- Log into the submission portal and submit your abstract for review.
- Adhere to the deadlines communicated throughout the process, especially the ones noted below:
- Sign the Speaker Release Form by May 3rd
- Register for the Virtual Event through your Track Chair by May 3rd
- Copyright (Technical Publications) or Video Release Form (Presentation Only/Poster) by May 17th
- Upload and submit your video presentation in the submission portal by May 24, 2021
- Create a one slide summary of your findings for discussion
- Record a 3-5 minute presentation that delivers the key points and message of your submission
- Attend our Workshops, Keynotes, Panels, Plenaries, and Technical Sessions
- Network and collaborate with Nuclear industry professionals
- Attend the Student Competition Session to find our if you’re one of the winners!