Schedule of Events
- All times are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT). UTC-6:00. Local Calgary time.
- All the following events and activities will be held online at the IPC Virtual Conference
- Throughout the virtual conference you can visit the sponsor hall, poster session, lobby and networking lounge. Please visit the info booth for assistance during the conference.
- 60 technical papers will be presented in curated live sessions with associated Q&A with the moderators and authors. The balance of papers will be available on-demand throughout the life of the conference. Papers are organized into Technical Tracks as in prior IPCs.
- Access virtual IPC: www.ipc2020.vfairs.com
Monday, September 28 – 9:00 – 4:00pm MST – Located in the Tutorial Auditorium
- Machine Learning Basics for the Pipeline Industry Workshop
Tutorial Lecturers: Daryl Bandstra (Integra); Erika Santana (ROSEN); Michael Smith (ROSEN);
- Introduction to Risk and System Wide Risk Assessment
Tutorial Lecturers: Smitha Koduru (C-FER Technologies); Alex Tomic (TC Energy); Dongliang Lu (TC Energy)
Pipeline Design and Construction
Tutorial Lecturers: Alan Murray (Principia Consulting)
- Effective ILI Based Corrosion Program with Improved Performance and Economy
Tutorial Lecturers: Shahani Kariyawasam (TC Energy), Shenwei Zhang (TC Energy), Aaron Schartner (TC Energy)
All sessions below are located in the Main Auditorium under the Live Technical and Special Sessions track.
CLICK HERE FOR LIVE PAPER SCHEDULE
Click here for Detailed Schedule Live and OnDemand
Click here for Detailed Schedule Live and OnDemand with Abstracts
Tuesday, September 29th
8:45 – 9:45 Conference opening from Bill Byrd IPC 2020 Chair and Chris Johnson IPC 2020 Vice Chair, plus Tom Costabile, ASME CEO/Executive Director and Chris Bloomer, CEPA President.
Special message from the Honourable Minister Sonya Savage.
Plenary session sponsored by PRCI with speaker Maria van der Hoeven interviewed by Dr. Phil Hopkins.
10:00 – 11:30 Technical Sessions
11:30 – 12:10 Visit the Sponsor Hall
12:10 – 12:25 Lunch plenary speaker Leslie Kass, TC Energy sponsored by TC Energy
12:30 – 2:00 Technical Sessions
2:00 – 2:30 Visit the Sponsor Hall
2:30 – 3:45 Innovation Panel – Discussion on how industry is driving innovation to continue to enhance our safety systems and the protection of the environment as well as and what makes them excited about the future of energy systems Panelists: Bhushan Ivaturi, Chris Foster, David Howard Moderator: Sheri Baucom
3:45 – 4:15 Visit the Sponsor Hall and Networking Lounge
4:15 – 5:15 Young Professionals Panel - The Tipping Point: Young Professionals and the Energy Future Panelists: Muhhamad Hassan, Sukhi Gill, Jerry Rau Moderator: Tisha Schuller
5:15 – 5:20 Conference Day One Closing – Sponsored by Rosen
5:20 – 6:00 Head to the Networking Lounge to interact with other conference attendees and speakers
Wednesday, September 30
9:00 – 9:30 Day 2 Conference opening session. Thanks to our sponsor RCP!
Ms. Gitane De Silva, Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Energy Regular will provide the plenary talk
9:30 – 9:45 Visit the Sponsor Hall and Networking Lounge
9:45 – 11:15 Technical Sessions
11:15 – 11:30 Visit the Sponsor Hall
11:30 – 12:15 Lunch plenary speaker Enbridge Innovation Lab sponsored by Enbridge! Speakers: Karmun Doucette and Trevor Grams
12:20 – 1:50 Technical Sessions
1:50 – 2:30 Visit the Sponsor Hall and Networking Lounge
2:30 – 4:00 Executive Leadership Panel - “Managing Perceptions”, Moderated by Chris Yoxall, Rosen with participants: Stan Chapman, Daniel Diermeier and Maria van der Hoeven
4:05 – 4:25 Conference closing with Awards, Sponsored by API
For detailed information on IPE visit their website: