The ASME Pipelines System Division is organizing the Best Student Paper Competition as part of the International Pipeline Conference 2020. Entrants will be judged by a committee of pipeline experts selected by the ASME Pipeline Systems Division Committee.
WHERE: International Pipeline Conference (IPC), Calgary, AB, CA, September 28 – October 2, 2020.
HOW: Submit your paper to IPC using the ASME web tool, select 'Student Paper' as paper type. You will be automatically entered into the Student Best Paper Competition. A select number of finalists will be chosen from all student paper submissions to participate in the Competition.
DEADLINES: Student papers share the same deadlines and formatting requirements as any technical paper at IPC.
- A full-length paper must be officially submitted to the IPC electronically via the web according to ASME conference guidelines
- Authors must be enrolled as a University Graduate or Undergraduate student in 2019 or 2020.
- While other authors may be listed on the paper, the student must have contributed the majority of the effort presented and in the writing of the paper.
- A covering letter from your supervisor stating that you are a student in good standing may be requested.
- Finalists will be notified after acceptance of final papers have been determined through the regular IPC peer review process.
- If chosen as a finalist, the student author must commit to attend the conference and present his or her paper at the special student poster paper session in addition to their regular assigned technical session.
- The poster session schedule is TBD.
- Determination of the winner will take into account both the technical and poster presentations.
Competition Finalists: In addition to their regular technical session paper presentation, all finalists will be expected to prepare and present their paper in poster format during the student poster paper session.
One student author per paper chosen as a finalist will be provided:
Complimentary full registration to IPC 2020.
Complimentary travel to and from the conference, lodging during the conference, and meal stipend while attending the conference. Rules do apply.
Staff will make all travel and accommodation reservations.
Meals and any reimbursable on-site expenses will be reimbursed post conference.
Finalist award plaque.
Competition Winner: Will receive a $1000 award.
Please make note of the IPC 2020 Publication Schedule, available soon.
Downloadable Version of the ASME PSD BEST Student Paper Competition Guidelines available soon.
Any additional questions about the PSD Best Student Paper Competition at IPC can be addressed to:
Manager, Conferences and Events
Pipeline Systems Division