The IPC 2020 Young Pipeline Professionals Award recognizes young pipeline professionals that have made a significant contribution to the energy pipeline industry by addressing challenges related to social, safety, integrity, operational excellence, or engineering issues. These future leaders have demonstrated an ability and willingness to influence the future of the energy pipeline industry in the 21st century.
- The Applicant must be a young pipeline professional under the age of 35 years.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years of experience in the pipeline industry (student co-op placements and internships are not to be included in the three years).
- Applicants must work at a pipeline company, pipeline-related service provider, regulator, or other pipeline industry organization.
- The Applicant must have made a substantial contribution toward the betterment of the pipeline industry (e.g. the development or application of a new technology, significant involvement in an industry organization, or led a significant initiative for the betterment of their company).
- The Applicant must have leveraged their experience and knowledge to create opportunities for and enhance the development of other young pipeline professionals.
- The Applicant must promote the value and trustworthiness of the pipeline industry in a public manner (e.g. innovative technical presentations, other presentations, social media, etc.).
- The Applicant must demonstrate an ability and willingness towards continuous improvement for themselves, their company, and the industry as a whole.
- REFERENCES: Award candidates must include two written references:
- One reference must be provided by an existing employer or client (max 500 words) to highlight exceptional leadership abilities and contributions to the industry
- One reference must be a peer reference (max 500 words) to highlight current or previous work or volunteer experience
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: Nominees must also provide a personal statement (max 500 words) describing their career aspirations related to the energy pipeline industry.
- CURRENT RESUME
Please submit a single PDF or single word file containing all required documents and email email@example.com by June 30, 2020. In your submission email please acknowledge that you have met the criteria listed above.
Nomination Review Committee
- The nomination review committee will consist of 3 individuals who work in the pipeline industry.
- One individual must represent ASME PSD and one individual must represent CEPA. The nomination review committee will be selected by the IPC Organizing Committee Chair.
The successful recipient of the Young Pipeline Professional Award will receive FREE admission to IPC 2022 and will be afforded mentorship opportunities. A letter from the current 2020 IPC Chair and Vice Chair will be written to recognize the award recipient’s contribution to the pipeline industry and they will also receive a memento. A letter of recommendation may be submitted to the Vice President/ President of the award recipient’s employment Company. The Award recipient may also be profiled in various industry publications and on social media platforms. The Award recipient will also receive free admission to IPC 2022.
Note: The winner will be selected from the nominations based on a considered assessment of the merits (relative comparison) of their work and actions. The Award committee reserves the right to either withhold making the award, or to award it, even in the event of receiving a single nomination. The award committee may also make recommendations to the Chair of the IPC Organizing Committee to improve the criteria or selection process.