Monday, October 7
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Laguna, Concourse Level, Fourth Floor
On behalf of 2019 InterPACK organizing committee, we are pleased to announce that a student poster competition will be held during 2019 InterPACK (October 7-9, Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim, CA).
The Industry, Academia and National Lab Poster Session during InterPACK will be open to all students. It will provide a great opportunity for student attendees to showcase their research, and collect feedback from professionals and experts in the area of electronics and photonics packaging in an interactive way. This is also a networking opportunity for the students who have an interest in distributing their resumes and connecting with professionals from industry, academia and national labs.
Each student poster in this competition will be judged by experts in the area of electronics and photonics packaging on the following aspects: originality, technical quality, completeness, clarity, and communications and interactions during the poster session. The top three student poster presenters will be awarded the Nasser Grayeli Best Student Poster Awards – first, second, and third place. The first, second, and third-place students will receive cash awards of $500, $300, and $200, respectively, and will also have their registration fees reimbursed. The awards will be presented at the 2019 InterPACK Awards Luncheon. In addition, based on the review process, the lead student author for another top-17 posters will have their registration fees reimbursed after the conference.
Submission and Criteria
- You must register for 2019 InterPACK as a graduate or undergraduate student attendee and pay the corresponding registration fee. The reimbursement of the registration fee for the three student winners of this competition will happen after InterPACK, and will be handled by ASME.
- Submit a poster abstract to the InterPACK Track ‘Industry, Academia and National Lab Posters” by July 15, 2019. This poster abstract can be similar to the abstract you submitted for a technical paper or technical presentation-only contribution. After submitting your abstract, please indicate your interest in being considered for the Student Poster Competition by emailing Program Co-Chair Jin Yang.
- In order to qualify for this student poster competition award and future reimbursement of the registration fee, the student should be the first author of the poster, and present the poster onsite during the poster session at InterPACK.
- Bring in your poster and present it during the poster session of InterPACK. The specific date, time and location of this session at the Hilton Anaheim will be announced later.
- Students are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. These resumes will be provided by ASME to all institutions that are interested in potentially hiring these students.
- Abstract submission deadline to the Track of “Industry, Academia and National Lab Posters” at the 2019 InterPACK: July 15th, 2019
- Poster presentation during poster session at InterPACK: one day during Oct. 7 – 9th, 2019 (exact date and time to be announced later)
- Award announcement: 2019 InterPACK Awards Luncheon.
General Chair: Sreekant Narumanchi
General Vice-Chairs: Samuel Graham, Xiaobing Luo
Program Chair: Ankur Jain
Program Co-Chairs: Jin Yang, Kazuyoshi Fushinobu, Tomoyuki Hatakeyama