Virtual Conference Access
Once you are registered for the conference you can access the virtual site here: https://pvp21.asme.showcare.io/ Note, within an hour of registration you will receive an email with instructions to access the site. You will not have access to the site prior to receipt of this email.
New Conference Format
In response to the interest from PVP attendees for live content, networking opportunities, and an improved experience with the PVP virtual platform, a new and robust conference format was formed by the PVP Organizing Committee.
This conference format will provide all authors of final papers the opportunity to create a 15-minute video on-demand presentation of their paper. The video presentation will be available on-demand, on the virtual event platform, two weeks prior the official start day of the virtual conference, during the conference, and 70 days post-conference. The early video viewing availability will allow attendees to come to the conference prepared with questions for the authors which will facilitate the “live networking” intended to improve the conference experience. Additionally, details of the new virtual format are given below.
Technical Paper Sessions
- All PVP2021 paper sessions will be 1 hour and 5 minutes long (65 minutes) to accommodate 6 papers and a short session introduction by the moderator.
- For each paper in the session there will be a short summary presentation and live Q&A period between the audience and author.
- Networking Round Table discussions can be organized anytime (around the clock) to meet any time-zone and enhance interactions.
Other Important Virtual Conference Improvements
- Video on Demand (VOD) will be available two weeks prior to the official start date of the conference.
- The papers will be available on the virtual event platform. You will not have to connect to a different site to access the papers.
- There will be a pdf version of the technical session schedule.
- Attendees will be able to see who is in each session.
- Improved network discussions via the networking Round Tables in the 24-hour virtual platform. Information on how you can create these will be available soon.
- List of all authors will be included in the virtual platform.
- Inclusion of tutorials.
- EPRI Workshop with live Q&A between the audience and authors.
Virtual Event Information
- Virtual event dates are Tuesday, July 13 – Thursday, July 15, 2021.
- EPRI Workshop to take place on Friday, July 16, 2021 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm Eastern US time. There is an additional charge for the workshop.
- Conference keynotes will be available on-demand only.
- Conference technical sessions with live Q&A will run each day as shown below, first North American (NA) Eastern time then corresponding worldwide time zones. Similarly to a physical PVP conference, there will be parallel sessions and breaks.
- There will be 7 concurrent technical sessions and 2 tutorials during each session time.
- Every effort has been made by the organizing committee to accommodate varying time zones.
||9:00 AM - 10:05 AM
||6:00:AM - 7:05 AM
||3:00 PM - 4:05 PM
||9:00 PM - 10:05 PM
||5:00 PM - 6:05 PM
||2:00 PM - 3:05 PM
||11:00 PM - 12:05 AM
||5:00 AM +1 - 6:05 AM +1
||8:00 PM - 9:05 PM
||5:00 PM - 6:05 PM
||2:00 AM +1 - 3:05 AM +1
||8:00 AM +1 - 9:05 AM +1
- Registration information can be found here: https://event.asme.org/PVP/Registration
- There must be one (1) full paid registration for each Technical Paper.
- Access to online video on-demand presentations, papers and conference proceedings will be provided to registered attendees.
- For additional information or questions please contact Kim Miceli at firstname.lastname@example.org