Please clear your cache to see the updated Schedule at a Glance and Final Program
ASME's Nuclear Engineering Conference powered by ICONE will be held on August 4-5 Virtually. ICONE28 will be held in Summer2021!
ASME's Nuclear Engineering Conference powered by ICONE will be virtual!
The 28th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering will be held Summer 2021. ASME’s Nuclear Engineering Conference powered by ICONE will be held virtually on August 4 and 5, 2020.
This Nuclear Engineering Conference is a global event for professionals who want to stay current on new technology and industry trends and developments in nuclear technology. ASME's Nuclear Engineering division, the Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME), and the Chinese Nuclear Society (CNS) will host the virtual conference.
Join us on August 4 & 5, 2020 for:
- Our Keynote with William D. Magwood
- Plenaries with INL Lab Director, Mark Peters, and Westinghouse Chief Technology Officer, Ken Canavan
- Industry Panels on a variety on power and nuclear topics
- Technical Presentations from 300+ authors
- The Power and Nuclear Student Competition
- Workshops with international subject matter experts and future professionals
What's the Same:
- We will still have Keynotes, Panels, technical presentations, networking opportunities, and awards.
- Q&A via chat (author participation is encouraged, but not required).
- All Final Technical Papers will be published. Please note that the one author per paper registration and video presentation submission requirement will still hold for our virtual conference.
- Registration will be provided through our website portal. Authors will be required to register by July 17 to present and be included in the final program.
- Conference dates will be August 4-5, 2020. It will still be a 2-day conference.
- Authors will provide a pre-recorded 10-minute video presentation. Authors may participate in a Q&A chat session during paper playback.
- Registration rates will be reduced.
- Access to online papers and conference proceedings will be provided to all registered attendees.
Topics discussed during the virtual conference include:
- Operating Plant Experience
- Nuclear Fuel and Engineering
- Nuclear Plant Engineering
- SMR and Advanced Reactors
- Nuclear Safety, Security, and Cyber Security
- Codes and Standards
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Verification and Validation
- Decontamination & Decommissioning
- Beyond Design Basis
- Nuclear Policy
- Probabilistic Risk Assessments
Author Decision for Virtual Participation
July 01, 2020
Pre-Recorded Presentation Submission
July 10, 2020
Author Registration Deadline
July 17, 2020