Join ARPEL (Association of Oil, Gas and Biofuels Sector Companies in Latin America and the Caribbean) and ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) at the fourth biennial International Pipeline Geotechnical Conference (IPG 2021) from June 21 – 22, 2021.
IPG 2021 is an international event to share knowledge, foster international cooperation, and promote technical progress by advancing the management of natural forces impacting pipelines – protecting the public, environment, energy infrastructure assets, and ensuring safe and reliable operations.
IPG 2021 will be presented in a virtual format. There will be opportunities to discuss papers and network with your fellow attendees as in prior versions.
Pipeline risk factors associated with natural forces include:
- Landslides and mass movement
- Tectonics/seismicity — including fault crossings and liquefaction
- Hydrotechnical — including river scour and channel migration
- Erosion and upheaval displacement
- Geochemical — including karst and acid rock drainage
- Unique soil structure — including residual and sensitive soils
- Desert mechanisms — including dune migration
- Volcanic mechanisms
- Freezing of unfrozen ground
- Thawing of permafrost terrain
These forces have become critical in the integrity management of pipelines, due to failures causing loss of life and damage to the environment. The risk factors, known as geohazards, result from geotechnical, geological, hydrological, or tectonic natural processes that represent potential threats usually induced during the pipeline construction and operations.
Geohazard management practices, including special design and construction, monitoring and inspection, risk assessment and associated data management, have seen considerable advancements in recent years as the topic has gained prominence within the pipeline community.
Who Should Attend?
The Conference will be of special interest to:
- Professionals from the oil and gas pipeline sector.
- Professionals from the mining industry.
- Professionals responsible for the facilities integrity, geotechnics, applied geomatics, risk analysis, operations, right of way maintenance, geotechnics instrumentation, pipelines design, construction and maintenance.
- Providers of goods and services.