Track Panel: Power Student Panel
Tuesday, July 20, 1:35PM – 2:50PM
Moderator: Andre Texiera
Panelist: Steve Greco
Panelist: Jason Lee
Panelist: Mike Smiarowski
Panelist: Frank Michell
Description: Do you dream of working in the Power industry? Are you curious about the long-term strategies that will help you find success and thrive in industry or R&D? If you are asking these questions, this panel is here to help. Panelists will highlight their experience, their paths and their vision for the future in the power industry to give you a taste of the different opportunities available for you. You will hear about career development, alternative careers in the industry and the its development.
ASME's Power Virtual Conference Student Paper Competition
POWER 2021 offers students an opportunity to present a technical paper on issues affecting the electric power generation industry today.
- Students accepted into the program will be mentored by Power professionals
- You will present your paper and gain valuable insight and feedback to improve your research
- You will be published in the ASME conference proceedings
- You will have the opportunity to network with fellow colleagues and power industry professionals
- You will receive complimentary conference registration with access to the virtual event, access to the conference proceedings, and access to the virtual content until August 23, 2021.
Winners receive a cash award of up to $3,000 USD!
- 1st place: $3,000 USD, plus a certificate of recognition
- 2nd place: $2,000 USD, plus a certificate of recognition
- 3rd place: $1,000 USD, plus a certificate of recognition
Details on how to participate in the Virtual Event
- Log into the submission portal to submit your abstract, sign the copyright forms and submit your video
- Record a 3-5 minutes presentation that delivers the key points and message of your submission
- Upload and submit your video presentation in the submission portal by May 24th
- Create a one slide summary of your findings to present during the Live Q&A
- Register for the Virtual Event through your Track Chair, André Teixeira
- Attend our Workshops, Keynotes, Panels, Plenaries, and Technical Sessions
- Network and collaborate with power industry professionals
- Attend the Awards Ceremony to find out if you’re one of the winners!
Additional Student Activities
Panel Session – Invited speakers will present and discuss industry topics. This session is exclusively for students!
For more information on the Student Paper Competition or other activities, please contact: André Teixeira, Steve Greco or Keli Bell Cole.