The 2019 Dynamic Systems and Control (DSC) Conference will be held on October 8 – 11, 2019 at the Grand Summit Hotel in Park City, Utah. Park City is a world-class resort town, famous for hosting the Sundance Film Festival and the 2002 Winter Olympics.
October is a nice time to visit Park City because it is considered a shoulder season, with temperatures similar to those in the spring and the venue offers very competitive room rates. On behalf of the 2019 DSCC Organization Committee and the Dynamics Systems and Control Division (DSCD) of ASME, we cordially invite you to enjoy an exciting technical program and a unique opportunity to network.
The DSC conference is the showcase technical forum of the ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Division. It provides a focused and intimate setting for dissemination and discussion of the state of the art in dynamic systems and control research, with a mechanical engineering focus. The 2019 DSC Conference Technical Program will consist of sessions in all of the usual areas of interest to the Division that include, but are not limited to, automotive and transportation systems, bio-systems and health care, energy systems, mechatronics, modeling, identification, intelligent systems, robotics, vibrations, and smart structures. Highlights of the 2019 DSCC will include:
- Four plenary talks given by distinguished scholars, including the Oldenburger Lecture and the Nyquist Lecture
- Workshops and tutorials that are focused on emerging topics
- Invited and special sessions on technical tracks and funding programs that are of interest to the DSC community
- Student programs including Best Student Paper competition, networking with faculty recruiters, and networking with industry
- Exhibits by industry and academia
- Extensive networking opportunities during the opening reception, continental breakfasts, the banquet, and the farewell lunch
All accepted papers must be presented on-site at the conference by an author of the paper. Papers which are not presented (no-shows) will be removed from the official conference proceedings and will not be indexed through the ASME Digital Collection.
Online access to conference papers will be given to all registered attendees at the start of the conference. Following the event, the official proceedings of the conference are published in the ASME Digital Collection, and will be submitted to all major indexers including EI Complex, Scopus, and the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index.