ASME is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation to ensure the health and safety of our meeting and conference participants, as well as our staff. We will also be monitoring the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as the situation progresses.
As of this date, the conference is currently scheduled to take place. Please continue your work in the expectation that the conference will occur. All dates in the current Publications Schedule will be followed. Should it be determined that the conference may need to be postponed, cancelled, or held virtually instead of in-person for the health and safety of all, ASME has committed to offering the option of publishing the papers through our usual channels. If postponed, ASME will work with the conference organizing committee to determine whether the papers will be published at the time of the scheduled conference or delayed until the rescheduled one.
If there are any changes to these plans, we will provide updates on this website. We understand that you will have questions, so please check back periodically. Thank you.
The next update to this information is scheduled next Wednesday.
The 29th ASME Annual Conference on Information Storage and Processing Systems (ISPS 2020) to be held in at Western Digital Campus in Milpitas, Santa Clara, California, USA from June 25 to June 26 2020.
This event is intended to provide a forum for international researchers from the academia and industries to share their findings, to network, and to foster collaboration opportunities in technical and business areas. It is also intended to attract and groom graduate students in the ISPS technical area and related industries.
The conference focuses on information storage and processing systems, as well as intelligent and precision equipment. The target markets include but not limited to: hard disk drive, flash memory, optical data storage, biomedical equipment, smart sensors/actuators/materials, intelligent machines, storage systems, imaging and printing equipment. Researchers are working towards enhancing the functionality of the said systems and equipment, making them more powerful (faster in operation, etc), user-friendly, robust and reliable, and environmentally friendly.
The multinational companies in the US, Japan and South Korea (e.g., WD, HGST, Seagate, HP, TDK, Samsung etc.) are among the main R&D drivers, whereas in Korea and Singapore, there are many national laboratories working in this area.
ISPS is soliciting 1-page abstract and 3-page papers for each of the technical tracks outlined below. The 3-page paper is optional and not required for technical presentation. The 3-page papers accepted and presented will be published in the official conference proceedings. The conference includes keynote and invited speaker presentations.
The scope of the conference covers the following interdisciplinary research and application topics related to information storage and processing systems, and the application of data in mechanical engineering
- Tribology, Dynamics and Servo control of Nano-Micro systems: Head-Media interface Tribology, magnetic head technology, servo and other topics magnetic recording, and mechanical science and technology in the micro/nano scale system
- Packaging Technologies for Solid-State Flash Storage and Memory: Thermal management, Warpage, crack, delamination, and fatigue, Package,drive, and system level reliability(including temperature cycling, shock, and vibration) testing/modeling, Automotive reliability requirements
- Fundamentals on Energy Assisted Magnetic Recording: Materials, physics, mechanical design and simulations for HAMR/MAMR
- Data Storage Solution and System for Data Center Operation and Optimization: Thermal management for server, vibration control, etc.
- Emerging and future data Storage Technologies: Next generation data storage solutions based on magnetic/optical/solid-state memory, including phase change, MRAM, ReRAM, quantum storage, DNA storage
- Dynamics and Control for Future Technologies: Dynamics and control for highlighted engineering fields including robot, unmanned aerial vehicle, unmanned ground vehicle, and next-generation transportation
- Smart Materials: Materials science and engineering for information storages, displays, energy-recycle, and nano/micro devices, materials characteristic control and smart material applied system
- Smart Sensors and Actuators: Various sensors and actuators for promising engineering fields such as haptics, IOT application, biological application, motion based detection & actuation, and autonomous vehicle solutions
- Micro/Nano & Biomedical Mechatronic Systems: Science and technologies on micro/nano mechatronic systems and MEMS/NEMS/MOEMS for biomedical application
- Optical Imaging Devices and Opto-mechatronic Systems: Optical imaging systems and sensing devices detecting optical information, and opto-mechatronic systems based on imaging and sensing devices.
- Flexible Media Handling Machines and Printed electronics, Exposing and Printing Technologies: Copy machines, printers, scanners, office automation equipment, flexible media dynamics and control
- Advanced Simulation in Science and Engineering: Advanced computational simulations in engineering fields of mechanics, electro-mechanics, and electronics and simulation methods and optimization methods
- Application of Data and Artificial Intelligence in Mechanical Engineering: Using big data and AI for solving problems in the mechanical domain: such as product failure analysis, smart manufacturing, etc.
Before the final paper can be submitted, all copyrights for all authors must be completed and the presenting author must register. The link to submit the final paper will appear on your account after these requirements are fulfilled. Registration and final paper submission is due April 26, 2020. The deadline will not be extended.
We look forward to seeing you at Milpitas in June, 2020!
ISPS 2020 offers the following features:
- One Best Paper Award for each technical track.
- One Best Student Paper Award.
- Three ISPS Division Graduate Student Fellowships in the form of USD 2000 or 1000 each and registration fee waiver.
- Five Conference Scholarships for graduate students in the form of registration fee waiver.
- Discounted registration fees for ASME members and students.
- Special issue in the Microsystem Technologies Journal of the full-size papers presented at the conference.
- Conference supported by ASME centralized web hosting and paper submission handling process.
- GoGreen initiative to use online access of conference materials (on-site WiFi access provided).
Fellowship & Scholarship Award Application
Support materials: ISPS final paper, resume, one reference letter and one page research statement.
Please send your application materials to Dr. Rahul Rai. Deadline: May 16, 2020.