The SAC Student Paper Review Initiative aims to pair a student with a senior member of the community to complete a paper review. We are looking for students who are interested in reviewing a paper for Turbo Expo 2024 and the Journal of Turbomachinery. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how the review process works, and to work with a leader in the student's preferred field.
To be eligible as a student reviewer, the following qualifications must be met:
- general consistency of the background with ASME IGTI / Gas Turbine Technology Group
- at least one paper published (peer-reviewed conference or journal)
- be a PhD student (highly recommended, but exceptional master students can also apply)
Student Reviewer Application Link
The Student Advisory Committee is also looking for an exceptional candidate to take over the organization of this initiative, as the SRI Chair. As the chair of this initiative you are responsible for evaluating student applications for the paper review initiative, communicating with the technical committees and their chairs, and overall ensuring smooth and fruitful collaboration between the technical tracks and volunteer students. The SRI chair will work closely with the Student Advisory Committee to achieve all the above. The student review initiative chair is partially funded by the ASME to participate in Turbo Expo 2024. Complimentary registration, stay, and travel expenses are some of the benefits.
Requirements that applicants must meet:
- Be a PhD student for the majority of time until TE24 (exceptional master students can also apply)
- Have at least one publication in Turbo Expo and/or related journals.
- Be consistently active in the IGTI community and familiar with Turbo Expo processes.
- Previous technical paper review experience (strongly recommended).
- Motivation letter with the reasons making you a suitable candidate.
SRI Chair Application Link