The International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) is ASME's largest research and development conference focused primarily on mechanical engineering, but encompasses perspectives from many engineering disciplines. IMECE is THE place for you to present your technical research and expertise, while also learning from and connecting with thousands of your peer researchers on a global level.
At IMECE you’ll experience stimulating innovation from basic discovery to translational application of new approaches and foster collaborations that engage stakeholders and partners not only from academia, but also from national laboratories, industry and government funding bodies. No other conference will provide you with more broad, but salient perspectives and knowledge-sharing on technical advances within mechanical engineering, than IMECE.
Program – Tracks
- Acoustics, Vibration, and Phononics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advanced Materials: Design, Processing, Characterization and Applications
- Advances in Aerospace Technology
- Biomedical and Biotechnology
- Design, Systems and Complexity
- Dynamics, Vibration, and Control
- Engineering Education
- Fluids Engineering
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids, Structures and Fluids
- Micro- and Nano-Systems Engineering and Packaging
- Safety Engineering, Risk and Reliability Analysis
- ASME International Undergraduate Research and Design Exposition
- National Science Foundation
- Research Posters
More Networking and Enhanced Q&A
ASME's IMECE 2021 Virtual Conference will have improved networking capabilities and more opportunities to connect with your community. We've listened to your feedback and have added in several new features to our program:
- More Interactive Q&As: During the conference, each presenter will give a live "elevator pitch" with immediate Q&A with the presenter, offering you more opportunities to interact directly with attendees about your research. Pre-recorded presentations will be available in advance of the event, enabling attendees review in detail prior to the pitch session.
- Time-shifted Sessions: We're adjusting the timing of some live presentations and Q&A to better accommodate global participation in those sessions.
- Discussion Groups: Invite your peers to self-organized discussion groups and social interactions through our upgraded virtual event platform. You can create a topic and invite other attendees to join the discussion or enter a topic-specific group chat created by the conference organizers.
- Social Interactivity: Looking for more casual interaction as well? Check out the hosted ice-breaker session with giveaways and other opportunities for spontaneous interaction.
- 1:1 Chats: Connect at any time with other attendees to expand your network – informal and at your own pace.
March 09, 2021
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
March 16, 2021
Submission of Full-Length Paper for Review
April 23, 2021
Paper Review Complete
May 28, 2021
Paper Acceptance Notification
June 15, 2021
Submission of Revised Paper for Review (if required)
July 02, 2021
Submission of Presentation Only Abstract
July 13, 2021
Author Notification of Presentation Only & Revised Paper Acceptance
July 13, 2021
Copyright Agreeement + Video Permission
July 30, 2021
Final Paper Submission
July 30, 2021