PLEASE NOTE: ASME has not engaged any housing bureaus to represent or sell IMECE hotel guest room blocks. Please make your hotel reservation directly through the IMECE hotel links.
The session schedule is now available for viewing.
(Dates and times are subject to change without noitice)
Watch a video preview of our Annual Awards Dinner which will feature special guest Master of Ceremonies Mo Rocca, 11-year old violinist Karolina Protsenko, and more.
Vice President of Engineering
Raytheon Missile Systems
Dr. Steven Chu
Nobel Prize in Physics Co-Recipient
Former U.S. Secretary of Energy
William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Physics
Professor of Molecular & Cellular Physiology
Stanford University Medical School
The International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) is ASME’s largest research and development conference focused primarily on mechanical engineering, but encompasses perspectives from many engineering disciplines. IMECE is THE place for you to present your technical research and expertise, while also learning from and connecting with thousands of your peer researchers on a global level.
At IMECE you’ll experience stimulating innovation from basic discovery to translational application of new approaches and foster collaborations that engage stakeholders and partners not only from academia, but also from national laboratories, industry and government funding bodies. No other conference will provide you with more broad, but salient perspectives and knowledge-sharing on technical advances within mechanical engineering, than IMECE.
Program – Tracks
- Acoustics, Vibration, and Phononics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advances in Aerospace Technology
- Biomedical & Biotechnology Engineering
- Dynamics, Vibration, and Control
- Engineering Education
- Fluids Engineering
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Engineering
- Advanced Materials: Design, Processing, Characterization and Applications
- Mechanics of Solids, Structures and Fluids
- Micro- and Nano-Systems Engineering and Packaging
- Safety Engineering, Risk and Reliability Analysis
- Design, Systems and Complexity
- ASME International Undergraduate Research and Design Expo (Posters Only)
- NSF (Includes NSF Student Competition (Posters only))
- Virtual Podium (Posters)
See track descriptions.
Submission of Abstract for Full Papers
February 26, 2019
Author Notification of Abstract Acceptance
March 18, 2019
Submission of Full-Length Paper
April 29, 2019
Presentation Only/Poster Abstract Submission
July 22, 2019
Final Paper Submission (Will not be extended)
August 05, 2019
Undergrad Expo Abstract Notification
September 10, 2019
Hotel Reservation Cutoff
October 28, 2019
Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center
Salt Lake City, Utah