IMECE: Where Engineering Disciplines Intersect and Innovation Begins
ASME's International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (IMECE) is the only event where R&D leaders from industry, government, and academia converge to make connections and share insights for innovation across engineering disciplines.
This year's program includes:
- Keynote and plenary sessions featuring researchers and decision makers from NASA, Stanford, Boeing, U.S. DOE, Georgia Tech, and other notable companies, universities, and government agencies
- 1,000+ technical presentations across 17 tracks for exclusive insights
- 20+ roundtable discussions to brainstorm solutions for challenges facing advanced manufacturing, aerospace, bioengineering, and more, and to get advice for finding a job in industry or academia
- Special panel sessions focused on nuclear power in space and the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter
Dont miss your chance to connect with 1,500+ R&D leaders, advance your career, and innovate at the intersection of engineering disciplines.
IMECE 2021 Keynote Speakers
Aprille Joy Ericsson, Ph.D.
Aerospace Engineer, Technologist, Project and Program Manager, Professor, STEAM Youth Educator NASA GSFC, Instrument Systems and Technology Division, New Business Lead
Shuji Nakamura, Ph.D.
Professor, University of California-Santa Barbara, 2014 Nobel Laureate in Physics Recipient, ASME 2021 Richard J. Goldstein Energy Lecture Award Recipient
IMECE 2021 Keynote Panel
Founding Director, Office of Advanced Manufacturing at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Dr. W. Mark McGinley
Infrastructure Research, Civil and Environmental Eng., University of Louisville
Technical Fellow for Additive Manufacturing, Pratt & Whitney (Raytheon Technologies),CT
Manager - Technical Development Manager, Arkema Inc.
IMECE is ASME's largest research and development conference focused primarily on mechanical engineering, but encompasses perspectives from many engineering disciplines. IMECE is THE place for you to present your technical research and expertise, while also learning from and connecting with thousands of your peer researchers on a global level.
The Virtual IMECE Technical Conference will feature robust conversations on technical content with all participants. Technical sessions are planned to consist of pre-recorded talks with live Q&A and discussion. Posters will allow for short introduction videos and Q&A. Additionally, there will be a variety of special technical events including live panels, roundtables, and special talks.
At IMECE you’ll experience stimulating innovation from basic discovery to translational application of new approaches and foster collaborations that engage stakeholders and partners not only from academia, but also from national laboratories, industry and government funding bodies. No other conference will provide you with more broad, but salient perspectives and knowledge-sharing on technical advances within mechanical engineering, than IMECE.
Program – Tracks
- Acoustics, Vibration, and Phononics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advanced Materials: Design, Processing, Characterization and Applications
- Advances in Aerospace Technology
- Biomedical and Biotechnology
- Design, Systems and Complexity
- Dynamics, Vibration, and Control
- Engineering Education
- Fluids Engineering
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids, Structures and Fluids
- Micro- and Nano-Systems Engineering and Packaging
- Safety Engineering, Risk and Reliability Analysis
- ASME International Undergraduate Research and Design Exposition
- National Science Foundation
- Research Posters