Vice President of Engineering
Raytheon Missile Systems
Dr. Steven Chu
William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Physics
Professor of Molecular & Cellular Physiology
Stanford University Medical School
The International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) is ASME’s largest research and development conference focused primarily on mechanical engineering, but encompasses perspectives from many engineering disciplines. IMECE is THE place for you to present your technical research and expertise, while also learning from and connecting with thousands of your peer researchers on a global level.
At IMECE you’ll experience stimulating innovation from basic discovery to translational application of new approaches and foster collaborations that engage stakeholders and partners not only from academia, but also from national laboratories, industry and government funding bodies. No other conference will provide you with more broad, but salient perspectives and knowledge-sharing on technical advances within mechanical engineering, than IMECE.
Program – Tracks
- Acoustics, Vibration, and Phononics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advances in Aerospace Technology
- Biomedical & Biotechnology Engineering
- Dynamics, Vibration, and Control
- Engineering Education
- Fluids Engineering
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Engineering
- Advanced Materials: Design, Processing, Characterization and Applications
- Mechanics of Solids, Structures and Fluids
- Micro- and Nano-Systems Engineering and Packaging
- Safety Engineering, Risk and Reliability Analysis
- Design, Systems and Complexity
- ASME International Undergraduate Research and Design Expo (Posters Only)
- NSF (Includes NSF Student Competition (Posters only))
- Virtual Podium (Posters)
See track descriptions.
Submission of Abstract for Full Papers
February 26, 2019
Author Notification of Abstract Acceptance
March 18, 2019
Submission of Full-Length Paper
April 29, 2019
Presentation Only/Poster Abstract Submission
July 22, 2019
If you are a new author, you must create an account in order to submit an abstract.
If you are a registered/returning user, input your e-mail address and password to access your account. Make sure to select a user role!
If you are a new organizer or reviewer, you must activate your account in order to login.
Returning Conference Organizers
Registered/returning conference organizers must input their e-mail address and password to login. Make sure to choose the proper role. If an organizer has multiple roles, e.g., "Session Organizer" and "Author", please log out of one role to access another.
To Continue to Authors/Organizers Tool
Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center
Salt Lake City, Utah