Representing gas turbine applications within the cogeneration and process industries, technical sessions in this track cover a wide range of topics on cogeneration/CHP (Combined Heat & power) systems, including but not limited to the following: thermoeconomic analysis, optimization and simulation methods, design, operation & maintenance aspect of Heat Recovery Steam Generators, operation & maintenance issues of cogeneration plants, gas turbine power augmentation technologies (inlet chilling, high pressure fogging, and wet compression or overspray, dry/humid air inject, steam injection, etc.), compressor fouling, inlet air filtration systems, compressor washing, gas turbine upgrades and modifications, environmental and regulatory issues, and lessons learned from field experiences.
Other applications such as non-gas turbine-based cogeneration/ CHP systems (steam turbine and reciprocating engine based systems, solar energy based systems, etc.), cogeneration and cold energy recovery in LNG plants, hybrid cogeneration systems (combined with fuel cells), and organic Rankine cycle based systems are also included. Panel/Tutorial sessions cover topics on cogeneration technologies, compressor washing technologies, inlet air filtration systems, gas turbine power augmentation technologies, dynamic modeling of cogeneration/CHP systems, gas turbine combustion processes and emissions issues, fuel related issues, and impact of Shale energy market.
- Design and Evaluation Considerations of Waste Heat Recovery
- Technologies Thermo-Economic Analysis of CHP/Cogeneration Systems
- Techno-Economic Analysis of CHP Systems
- Operational & Maintenance Aspects
- Gas Turbine Power Augmentation Technologies
- HRSG's Design & Operational Issues
- Inlet Air Filtration for Gas Turbines
- Combustion & Emissions
- Gas Turbine Applications Involving Heavy Fuel Oils and Crude Oils
- Dynamic Modeling of CHP Systems
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics for CHP Systems