Dear TE22 Authors and Session Chairs:
On behalf of the whole team preparing Turbo Expo 2022, I would like to thank you in advance for your participation in the upcoming conference to be held in Rotterdam, June 13-17. Your 1,000+ accepted papers, will provide us with an exceptional conference, at which we expect 2,000 attendees. This letter is to provide you with necessary information to help you navigate your participation in Turbo Expo 2022.
COVID Travel Restrictions
Our team is putting a lot of emphasis on the safety of these 5 days. We are still following the situation with COVID 19 in the Netherlands. Please note ASME follows the COVID guidelines set forth by the country and venue which the conference takes place. Accordingly, it is subject to the laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 of the Country of The Netherlands and the City of Rotterdam. Please visit this link for up-to-date information. These mandates are subject to change, please continuously monitor these restrictions. View the Rotterdam Ahoy Convention Centre's COVID-19 guidelines here.
Required Video Submission for Published Technical Papers
Based on your overwhelming desire have on demand video content, all Technical Paper authors are to submit a technical video presentation to meet publication requirements as well as present their technical paper in person. The Video Presentation Submission due date is May 3, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT.
These videos will be made available to attendees one week before the conference and will serve as the virtual component available to individuals attending the conference virtually. This will be great benefit to attendees allowing them to view the technical paper presentations they were unable to view while in person. All videos will be available to registrants 30 days after the conference.
All conference videos are then included in ASME's online digital collection as an additional offering to the written conference proceedings subscriptions. Video submissions are not required for tutorials, panels or special lectures. The video requirement only applies to technical paper presentations.
View the Video Recording Guidelines
Turbo 2022 Technical Publication Requirements
- For each Technical Publication and Technical Presentation, a minimum of one author must be registered at the Full Conference Author rate.
- The ASME Presenter Attendance Policy is such that if a paper is not presented at the conference by an author / co-author of the paper, it will not be published in the official archival proceedings, which are registered with the Library of Congress and abstracted and indexed.
- 2022 Technical Conferences will be scheduled as in-person conferences and will have a virtual component for non-author participants; all conferences are subject to change to full virtual depending upon pandemic conditions.
- For 2022 conferences, video and/or zoom presentations are not a substitute for in-person presentations.
- In connection with ASME's efforts to expand the audience and distribute all published conference papers, a video of each paper presentation must be created and submitted by the stated deadline. The video will be made available to all conference participants for viewing leading up to the conference and will be included in the ASME Conference Video Collection.
- Student registration rates are only available to undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled full time and have not yet received their Ph.D. Post-docs may not register as students. Proof of student status is required to confirm the student rate. Proof consists of a copy of the student's identification card or a letter from the institution's registrar verifying student status.
- Attendees who pay the Non-Member registration rate will be offered a complimentary 4-month ASME trial membership following the conference.
- ASME in-person activities will follow the state and local laws, regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19 applicable to the location of the event. These mandates are subject to change and should be continuously monitored.
- One author registration fee can cover up to a maximum of two (2) technical papers plus two (2) additional poster presentations, or presentation only presentations. An author registering at the author rate with more than two (2) technical papers to present, must request a co-author to register.
Register here for the Turbo Expo 2022 conference. Please note a minimum of one author must be registered at the Full Conference Author rate as indicated in the Turbo 2022 Technical Publication Requirements. ADVANCE REGISTRATION RATES END ON MAY 12.
Letters of Invitation
Letters of Invitation are available through the registration website. Once you begin the registration process you may request a PDF Letter of Invitation or hard copy. The PDF letter of invitation is complimentary. A hard copy can be purchased for € 55.
Session Participant Networking Session
Turbo Expo will no longer be holding the Session Participant Networking Session. Session Organizers can pick up their Session Organizer folders at the Exhibitor desk in the registration area. Session chairs and organizers are encouraged to coordinate with the authors prior to the conference.
Advance Program, Technical Schedule & Final Program
- Advance Program: The advance program is currently available online. The advance program provides travel information, registration details and an overview of general conference information. Review the advance program here.
- Technical Schedule: The technical schedule will be placed on the conference website once finalized and will appear in the Final Program.
- Final Program: The final program will be available in early June in PDF format on the website. The final program will not be available in printed format.
We look forward to seeing you in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. If you have any questions regarding this information or the conference, please email email@example.com.
Jaroslaw Szwedowicz, 2022 Turbo Expo Conference Chair
Ken Suder, 2022 IGTI Executive Committee Chair