ASME Turbo Expo 2021 will be an all-virtual event as part of the 'ASME Anywhere' initiative to ensure our growing global community can stay connected, stay healthy, and achieve their goals in 2021 without disruption.
Join us for the second virtual conference and exhibition for the IGTI Division. This year will include over 700 presenting authors, exhibiting professionals representing gas turbine companies ready to share their products and services, a student poster competition showcasing rising turbomachinery engineers, a social event for students, interactive panels and tutorials, and a women in engineering event bringing together the women in the turbomachinery industry.
New Conference Format
In response to the interest from Turbo Expo attendees for more live content, more networking opportunities, and an improved experience with the Turbo Expo virtual platform, the 2021 conference format is new and robust. All content will be made available on-demand prior to, during and after the virtual event.
Technical Paper Sessions
- There will be a Q&A opportunity after each presentation.
- Live 5-paper sessions
- First two papers in each session will be Live Deep Dive Talks
- 30-minute live presentation which includes 10 minutes of question and answer, per paper.
- The three papers given next in each session will be Live Rapid Talk presentations
- 10-minute live presentation which includes 8-minutes summarizing their main paper’s results, plus 2 minutes for question and answer, per paper.
- Networking Roundtable discussions can be organized anytime (around the clock) to meet any time zone to enhance interactions.
Other Important Virtual Conference Improvements
- Attendees will be able to see who is in each session to further facilitate networking.
- Improved network discussions via the networking roundtables in the 24-hour virtual platform. Create a roundtable for your colleagues to gather together.
- Video on Demand (VOD) of author presentations will be available to attendees one week prior to the official start date of the conference (May 31, 2021). Take this opportunity to review videos at your leisure before the Conference.
- Conference papers will be available on the virtual event platform in each session.
- Online pdf version of the technical session schedule as well as a virtual agenda planner.
- A listing of all authors will be included in the virtual platform as well as the ability to search for authors.
- Inclusion of tutorials and panels, a scholar lecture and special award lectures
- Recognition of the 2020 and 2021 award winners